Hamida Barmaki Organization for the Rule of Law (HBORL) was founded in 2013, HBORL is a non-governmental and non-profit organization established under the Afghanistan Law, registered with the Ministry of Economics of Afghanistan.
The mission of the Hamida Barmaki Organization is to develop an equitable Afghan society with a strong rule of law, in which people have access to justice and trust in human rights. Furthermore, the organization engages in capacity building of state institutions, civil society organizations, and universities. We also support the development of legislation in accordance with international standards and Islamic values.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Together with the Executive Director, who bears overall responsibility, lead the organization in compliance with its statute and internal regulations and all applicable laws; this includes particularly:
- Ensure proper and sustainable implementation of projects;
- Ensure strategic planning that enables the long-term existence of the organization;
- Develop new project proposals and raise funds
- Develop and deepen partnership with donors and partners;
- Supervise project staff and serve as their senior-level adviser, mentor, and coordinator;
- Oversee project implementation, deliverables, and communications;
- Ensure proper reporting to government institutions and the HBORL Board of Directors.
- The tasks and responsibilities will be defined in detail in a bylaw for the organization’s Executive Body.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in law, political science, Business Administration or Shari‘a; higher academic qualifications (such as master.) would be of advantage;
· Minimum 4 years of work experience in relevant areas (such as strengthening rule of law, governance reforms, legal practice,), preferably with international and national NGOs;
· Proven experience in implementing donor-funded projects and strong management experience with NGOs, governmental ministries, institutes and donor experience;
· Proven experience in leading and coordinating teams;
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Afghan state structures and laws;
· Strong interpersonal skills to maintain good relations with partners and counterparts including government, ministries, international and national NGOs, civil society, donors and other partners;
· Well organized, able to work independently on the management level, skilled in multiple tasks, diplomatic and able to adhere to deadlines;
· English certification via TOEFL or IELTS.
Qualified candidate can send their updated resume to email@example.com Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further recruitment process.
|Title||Deputy Executive Director|
|Organization||Hamida Barmaki Organization for the Rule of Law|
|Duration||1 Year (possible extension)|
|No of Jobs||1|
|Salary Range||As per Organizational Structure|
|Announcing Date||17th July 2018|
|Closing Date||30st July 2018|
|Shift||08:00 AM to 04:00 pm|
|Education||BBA, Political Science, Law|